David Hudson’s life reflects his love and belief in Aboriginal culture. He comes from the Ewamin (oo-rah-min)/Western Yalangi (people of the north east coast of Australia) so it is natural that he makes his home in Cairns in the midst of the beautiful reef and rainforest.
David has travelled extensively throughout Australia and the World, including Europe, Asia, Oceania and the USA as a solo artist and with world renowned dance troupe, “Tjapukai”, which he co-founded and Greek composer Yanni. He promotes awareness of Aboriginal culture and tradition wherever he travels.
David has a diverse career and is internationally renowned as a musician, artist, entertainer, and presenter. His work is considered “contemporary” yet has a very definite traditional influence.
David is inspired by all the natural elements of his environment and with each work he creates, he wholeheartedly gives a part of himself and his culture.
- Latest News
- David has returned from Turkey. Whilst there he performed with over 48 musicians from 14 countries. David also had the opportunity of visiting Gallipoli. He says walking on the beach where our troops entered the shores at Anzac Cove left him very overwhelmed. RIP to all of those soldiers who died mercilessly so far from home.
- Participating in this years April 25th Cairns ANZAC Dawn Service as artistic director.
- Two workshops at James Cook University. Townsville 27th. Cairns 29th April.
- Performing at Arts in the Valley (Kangaroo Valley NSW) May 2nd and 3rd 2015.
- David continues to undertake motivational and cultural workshops and speaking, artwork and customised didgeridoos.
- Please refer to any of these pages for relevant information or send us an email.